Dean's Decree No. 17/2023 - Conditions and Course of Admission to the Bachelor's Degree in English Language at the Music and Dance Faculty, Academy of Performing Arts in Prague
Article 1 Introductory Provisions
In accordance with Articles 18 and 19 of the Statutes of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague, the Dean of the Music and Dance Faculty of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (hereinafter referred to as HAMU) hereby announces the following rules for the admission procedure and conditions for admission to the full-time Bachelor's degree programme in English in the academic year 2024/2025.
Article 2 List of open study programmes at HAMU for the academic year 2024/2025
Studies in English are subject to a fee in accordance with the current Dean's Decree.
Study programme Dance Pedagogy in specialisations:
- Classical Dance
- Modern and Contemporary Dance
- Folk Dance
Article 3 Admission Procedure
- Entrance examination date: 19 - 26 January 2024
- Deadline for applications: 30 November 2023
- Administrative fee: 931,- CZK, payment of the fee is made by transfer to HAMU bank account No. 19-5373180297/0100, v. s. 64911, spec. s. = application code. Each applicant is entitled to pay the fee for the actions connected with the admission procedure at any time from the moment of submitting the application for study, but no later than 30 November 2023.
- Applicants will not be refunded the fee paid for the admission procedure (see AMU Statutes, Article 19, point 5).
- Applicants must fill in and submit the application form electronically in the application form https://prihlaska.amu.cz/apps/kos/prihlaska/wpr_webapp_pg.main?p_session_id=&p_view=&p_action=changeLang&p_lang=AN and pay the application fee; if the application form is not duly completed in the system or submitted in another way, the application will be considered invalid and the admission procedure will be terminated.
- Required attachments (see Annex 1 of this Decree), sent by post to the address of the Study Department. 13, Malostranské nám., 118 00 Prague 1 or personally deliver it to the AMU mailroom, 259/12 Malostranské nám., Prague 1.
- The deadline for submission of the application form including attachments is 30 November 2023.
- The web application of the AMU study system "Application" is open from 1 to 30 November 2023.
- For more information see: https://www.hamu.cz/en/studies/admission-procedures/
Article 4 Admission procedure rules and conditions for admission to study
- Each department sets specific dates on which the admission procedure will take place. Invitations and information about the admission examinations, including the specific date of each round, will be sent by the department to the applicant exclusively by e-mail to the e-mail address provided in the application form at least 10 working days before the date of the admission examination.
- The candidate is obliged to confirm receipt of the invitation electronically.
- In case the department requires additional materials for the 1st round, e.g. video recordings, scores, recordings, electronic records, links to internet storage, or CD/DVD media (apart from the application form and mandatory attachments, see annex to the Decree), the applicant is obliged to send these materials directly to the relevant department at the appropriate e-mail address. Failure to deliver the required materials by the deadline coinciding with the application deadline will be considered as failure to meet the conditions of the admission procedure, which will be terminated accordingly.
- All the conditions for meeting the established criteria and determining the minimum and maximum examination scores for admission to individual programmes and specialisations are published, see https://www.hamu.cz/en/studies/admission-procedures/
- According to the Study and Examination Regulations of AMU of 1 February 2023, the final fulfilment of the scores and the determination of the ranking of applicants shall be determined by the Admissions Committee by a majority vote of the members present. In the event of a tie, the vote of the chairperson of the admissions committee is decisive.
Article 5 Alternative dates of the entrance examination
- There are no alternative dates for the admissions procedure. If a candidate is unable to appear for the entrance examination on the regular date for health reasons and submits a medical certificate within 3 days of the date of the entrance examination, the Dean shall consider the excuse and may, in exceptional and justified cases, set an alternative date for the entrance examination on the proposal of the relevant department and in agreement with the relevant admissions board.
Article 6 Publication of the results of the admission procedure
The Dean shall issue a decision within 30 days of verification of compliance with the conditions. After receiving the decision on admission or non-admission to study, the applicant has the right to consult his/her file, always by prior arrangement with the HAMU Study Department on a specific date for consultation. The applicant is obliged to present his/her identity document before the inspection of the file, and the study department will draw up a report on the inspection process.
Article 7 Specific conditions for the admission of foreigners to study programmes conducted in English
The admission procedure shall be conducted in English. Applicants are required to prove their proficiency in English according to the CEFR as a condition of admission to studies in English (the exception is applicants whose native language is English). Applicants must prove their knowledge of English according to the CEFR at level B1 during the admission procedure.
The required proof is either:
(a) an official international examination certificate from an accredited institution (assessed by the AMU Language Training Centre); or
b) a document (matriculation certificate) of completion of secondary education accredited in English in the Czech Republic or secondary education accredited in English abroad; the document must meet the conditions set out in the Annex to the Decree.
Without fulfilling this condition, the applicant cannot be issued a decision on admission to study.
Article 8 Final provisions
- This Decree was discussed and approved by the Academic Senate of HAMU on 28 June 2023.
- The annex hereto forms an integral part thereof.
- The Decree shall come into force and effect on the date of the Dean's signature.
Prague, 29 June 2023
prof. Ivan Klánský,
Dean of HAMU
List of obligatory supplemets to the application form for bachelor studies in the academic year 2024/2025
Candidates for studies will fill in the electronic application form completely and send it to the faculty's information system. The required attachments are sent in paper form by post or submitted via the AMU mailroom.
1. An officially certified proof of the highest level of education attained - matriculation certificate, or
2. A certificate from the secondary school's studies department indicating the expected date of the matriculation examination (after graduating from secondary school, the applicant shall deliver an officially certified copy of the matriculation certificate to the studies department. HAMU);
3. A professional CV;
4. A medical certificate of medical fitness to study for the Dance Pedagogy study programmes in the Czech language or officially translated into Czech.
Other mandatory attachments to the application if the applicant has completed previous education at a foreign secondary school:
The applicant must attach one of the following documents to the application:
a) A proof of general recognition of the equivalence or validity of the foreign document of secondary education in the Czech Republic (so-called nostrification, see https://www.amu.cz/en/study/recognition-of-foreign-education/assessment-foreign-education-amu-admissions-process/
b) A proof of the award of the European Baccalaureate or
c) A foreign document of foreign secondary education with a matriculation examination if it is automatically equivalent in the Czech Republic according to its international obligations without further official procedure (matriculation certificate from Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Slovenia); or
d) A foreign document of foreign secondary education, which was obtained by completing studies in a secondary education programme at a foreign secondary school operating under the legislation of a foreign state and which entitles its holder to access to study in a bachelor's degree programme or a master's degree programme which is not related to a bachelor's degree programme in the foreign state in question, which the AMU itself will assess, see https://www.amu.cz/en/study/recognition-of-foreign-education/assessment-foreign-education-amu-admissions-process/. This is subject to a fee.
Documents provided are not returned. All documents are required in Czech (officially translated into Czech) or English (Slovak is also possible).
31. July 2023
Conditions of admission to the bachelor's study program Dance Pedagogy.pdf (34.5 KB)